The winter season is upon us, meaning it gets dark earlier and all we want to do is stay inside our warm apartment. This season, follow these tips to make your apartment feel more inviting this winter.
5 Ways to Make Your Apartment Cozier for Winter
- Create a Nook – Staying inside longer is the perfect reason to catch up on your reading! Pick a small space to get cozy and add everything you’ll need to create a relaxing environment. Add pillows, a warm quilt to keep you comfortable, and be sure to have a place where you can set your hot tea. Now all you need is something to read!
- Add Layers of Lighting – Opening the drapes on your window will allow plenty of natural light to enter the room to keep your reading material illuminated, not to mention the added benefit of vitamin D. Incorporating table lamps and floor lamps with warm and cool lights will help to ensure that you can always get the lighting you’re looking for.
- Keep Blankets Handy – One of the easiest ways to make your home feel a little cozier is by draping blankets over your furniture. This added touch will make your home feel more inviting, and ensure that extra warmth is just an arm’s reach away.
- Incorporate Texture – Adding texture to your walls is an easy way to create a cozy feeling for your home. If your windows currently have blinds, consider adding drapes for another layer of texture, privacy, and a personal touch. Adding tapestries can also quickly fill a blank wall, while also creating a unique focal point.
- Personal Comfort – For those who are away from loved ones and find themselves getting a little homesick at times, this is a perfect project. Take the time to add some of your favorite images to your wall space, desks, or other areas that look a little bare. Whether it’s a family photo, photos from your college days, or your favorite album in a frame, looking at familiar images is sure to make your apartment feel a little cozier.