Saratoga Springs is a great area to live and has everything you need with the following at your fingertips:
If you have any other questions about the Saratoga Springs community, ask our knowledgeable property managers who know all about the area and everything it has to offer!
Things To Do
Whether you currently live in the area or are new to Saratoga Springs, you will want to know all of the fun things to do. We’ve put together a list of our favorite things to get you started! Looking for more ideas? Just ask us!
- Saratoga Racetrack – The Saratoga Racetrack is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious racetracks. Since 1883 horses have been racing in Saratoga Springs and patrons from all around the world have been coming to town to watch the races.
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center – Saratoga Performing Arts Center is a large, amphitheater–style music venue that attracts some of the most famous musicians in the world. The venue holds 25,000 and see’s annual concerts by Dave Matthews, as well as The Philadelphia Orchestra, and NYC ballet. The wide variety of programming has something for everyone!
- Saratoga Automobile Museum – The Saratoga Automobile Museum preserves and exhibits automobiles and historical artifacts. The museum holds car shows that showcase modern day supercars to the earliest automobiles on the market.
- The Saratoga Winery – The Saratoga Winery is a restaurant and winery in Saratoga Springs. The winery holds wine tastings and showcases how wine is made. A great option for wine lovers alike!
- Saratoga Farmers Market – Since 1978 the Saratoga Farmers Market has provided fresh produce to locals and tourists in the Saratoga region.
- Broadway Street – A trip to Saratoga wouldn’t be complete without a walk down Broadway. Broadway is lined with stores and shops. Boutiques like Tushita Heaven and Caroline and Main are great places to pick up a new outfit! Broadway also has unique restaurants like Morrisey’s in the Adelphi Hotel, and Boca Bistro.
- Caroline Street – Caroline street is home to many of the local bars and restaurants in Saratoga. Whether you are looking for a night out on the town, or a bite to eat, Caroline street has everything you need.
- Saratoga Lake – Just outside the town of Saratoga you will find Saratoga Lake. People travel from all around the region to Saratoga Lake to enjoy its activities including fishing, boating, and swimming.
- National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame – The museum has been operating since the mid–1980’s when Marylou Whitney developed a plan to create a dance hall of fame. All forms of dancing are honored in the museum. The museum is a great place to spend an afternoon.
- Roosevelt Baths and Spa – If a day of relaxation is what you are looking for, the Roosevelt Baths and Spa is the perfect place for you. The spa has services that include mineral baths, massages, facials and scrubs.
Parks & Recreation
Saratoga Springs, New York and the surrounding area offers residents many different options to enjoy the outdoors. We have put together this Parks and Recreations resource list to help you find some great ways to have fun outside. If you have any questions about what the area has to offer, feel free to ask us.
- Saratoga Spa State Park – Saratoga Spa State Park is a large park in the heart of Saratoga Springs. Known for its natural water springs, the park offers more than 12 miles of trails. The park also is home to a swimming pool, 18 hole golf course, playgrounds and much more.
- Congress Park – One of Saratoga’s historic landmarks, Congress Park lies right in the middle of the city. Originally home to the Canfield Casino, the park is now open to the public. Residents enjoy picnicking, walking and the famous carousel.
- High Rock Park – High Rock Park is home to the Saratoga Springs Farmers market, 9/11 sculpture and a large gazebo. A great place to eat lunch or just go for a stroll.
- Yaddo Gardens – Yaddo gardens is a beautiful and well-maintained garden in Saratoga open to the public. Guests are welcome to stroll the grounds and look at the flowers and fountains. Admission is free!
- Saratoga National Historical Park – The Saratoga National Historic Park is full of unbelievable historic artifacts and structures. A turning point in the Revolutionary war, the battle of Saratoga took place here. Take a trip here to take in all the history of the battlefield.
- Waterfront Park – Waterfront Park is a beautiful public space and beach on Saratoga Lake. Bring a picnic or some kayaks and enjoy a sunny summer day on the lake.
- Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail– The trail runs along an old railroad track that once connected Saratoga to various cities throughout the Northeast. The path is a favorite for nature lovers. The perfect trail for summer walks and winter skiing, Bog Meadow has anything you need.
Schools & Education
The Saratoga area has many schools and we believe it is important that our residents know all about them! Below are local schools:
- Saratoga Springs City School District – A top ranked district in the capital region, the district serves students in 8 different schools. The district includes students from the local towns of Milton, Wilton, Malta, Greenfield and Saratoga. The school district strives to provide every student with a strong education and skills necessary for success.
HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Skidmore College – Skidmore College is a liberal arts college situated on 1,000 acres in the town of Saratoga. The school offers a diverse student body with students from 40 states and 70 countries. Skidmore offers 43 majors, 100 students and study abroad programs that give students the opportunity to see the world.
- SUNY Empire State College – SUNY Empire State College is a public college in the City of Saratoga. The university provides affordable and flexible degrees for its students.
Living in Saratoga Springs allows residents to be very close to local healthcare and hospitals.
IN AN EMERGENCY, ALWAYS CALL 911
- Saratoga Hospital
211 Church St., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 587-3222
Saratoga Hospital is located in the City of Saratoga and offers a broad range of medical specialties. With more than 450 physicians, Saratoga Hospitals offer expertise in a range of medical fields. Some of the fields include state-of-the-art imaging, pain management, diabetes care, rehabilitation, and more.
- Albany Medical Center
43 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY 12208
Phone: (518) 262-3125
Located about 30 miles south of Saratoga, Albany Medical Center is Capital Region’s only academic medical center. It is the staff’s commitment to provide a superior level of patient care, education, as well as biomedical research to New York State’s residents. To learn more about the hospital and its services, please call (518) 262-3125.
- Saratoga Hospital Urgent Care – Wilton
3040 Route 50, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 580-2273
Call and schedule an appointment that is convenient for you or walk-in for same-day care.
- St. Peters Urgent Care – Saratoga
377 Church Street Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Phone: (518) 430-2757
St. Peter’s Urgent Care is dedicated to providing excellent medical care plus top-notch customer service in an exceptional setting. Patients have rapid access to board-certified providers, experienced in the care of acute illness and injury.