Albany, NY is a great area to live, work and play and has everything you need right outside your door.
Get in touch with our knowledgeable property managers and explore the benefits of living in the Albany community!
Things To Do
Whether you currently live in the area or are new to Albany, you will want to know all of the fun things to do. We’ve put together a list of our favorite things to get you started! Looking for more ideas? Just ask us!
- Visit the Nine Pin Cider Tasting Room – Nine Pin Cider is locally brewed in Albany, New York and can be found at stores throughout the state and country. Visit the tasting room and try some cider by the glass, growler, or tasting flight. If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes, buy a ticket to take a tour of the production facility. Tours happen once a month so plan accordingly!
- Catch a movie at Spectrum 8 Theatres – This local theatre prides itself on bringing the Capital Region independent, foreign, and major studio films. Stop by for a movie experience like no other.
- New York State Museum – Check out the New York State Museum. The museum has exhibits which include Adirondack Wilderness, Ice Ages, Minerals of New York, Native Peoples of New York and much more. Admission is free with a suggested donation of $5.
- Have a laugh at Funny Bone – Located inside Crossgates Mall, this club has featured popular names like Aisha Tyler, Amy Schumer, and Andy Dick. Enjoy dinner and drinks with friends or meet someone new in the community seating environment.
- Tour the USS Slater – The USS Slater is a Destroyer Escort from World War II. This ship and 562 other Destroyer Escorts battled Nazi U-boats and Japanese submarines and Kamikaze air attacks. Today, the USS Slater is the only ship that remains afloat. Tours are available April through November, Wednesday through Sunday and happen rain or shine.
- Paint socially at Paint Nite – Sip some wine and paint a masterpiece at Paint Nite in Albany. A great activity for parties or just friends hanging out. Not an artist? You’ll be guided by a talented artist the entire night.
- See a Concert at the Times Union Center – The Times Union Center is an indoor arena located in downtown Albany. The arena hosts sporting events, concerts, comedians, children’s acts, Disney on Ice, and more
- Play Games at Dave & Buster’s – At the family-friendly chain you can play arcade games, watch a football game, and enjoy a meal from the delicious pub menu. Dave & Buster’s is also a great location for your next birthday party!
- Attend a Free Concert – During the summer, the city hosts Alive at Five at Jennings Landing. The free concert series runs from 5pm to 8pm and brings critically acclaimed performances to the Capital Region.
- Experience an Event at The Egg – The Egg hosts artistic work ranging from dance performances, music, arts-in-education and so much more! The iconic building is located in the Empire State Plaza and is a standout in the Albany skyline.
Parks & Recreation
The City of Albany, New York and the surrounding area offers residents many different options to enjoy the outdoors. We have put together this Parks and Recreations resource list to help you find some great ways to have fun outside. If you have any questions about what the area has to offer, feel free to ask us.
- Washington Park
State and Willet Street Albany, NY 12210
The 81-acre park was created during the 1870s-80s from a design by Calvert Vaux and Fredrick Olmsted, who is famous for New York City’s Central Park. The park offers ten tennis courts, basketball courts and a playground. Washington Park is a great place to have a picnic or take a walk.
- Albany Pine Bush
195 New Karner Road Albany, NY 12205
The Albany Pine Bush has over 3,350 acres of rolling sand dunes covered with pine trees, oak trees and prairie grass. The Pine Bush has over twenty miles of trails and an education center where you can learn more about the unique habitat. The Pine Bush is a runner and bikers paradise.
- Lincoln Park
228 Eagle St Albany, NY 12202
Lincoln Park was established as Albany’s first public playground at the beginning of the 20th century. The park features a swimming pool, playground, multiple tennis courts and ball fields. The park is free to use and is open 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Corning Preserve Boat Launch
Colonie & Water Street Albany, NY 12207
The Corning Preserve is a public boat launch into the Hudson River. It is a great place to kayak, boat or walk next to the river.
Schools & Education
The Albany area has many schools and we believe it is important that our residents know all about them! Below are local schools
- City School District of Albany – The district serves over 9,000 students in 18 different schools. The district includes neighborhood schools, as well as magnet schools and trade programs. The diverse school district strives to provide every student with a strong education and skills necessary for success.
- The Albany Academies – The Albany Academy is a private academy located in Albany. A 200-year-old institution, it fosters the ideals of honesty, tolerance and integrity. With 760 students enrolled and an average class size of 14, students have academic opportunities that are unique to Albany Academy.
HIGHER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- SUNY Albany – This local University doesn’t just attract students from all over the country, it attracts applicants from all over the world. This college offers majors in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Digital Forensics, Economics, History, Computer Science, Foreign Languages, and much more.
- The College of Saint Rose – This private University has several achievements such as being ranked in the top quarter of “Best Regional Universities – North” list. It also has the honor of being named a “military-friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine. Its core focus is helping students grow in the fields of Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, Math, and Science.
Living in Albany allows residents to be very close to local healthcare and hospitals.
IN AN EMERGENCY, ALWAYS CALL 911
- Albany Memorial Hospital
600 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Phone: (518) 471-3221
The experienced staff at Albany Memorial Hospital are dedicated to providing high-quality care for every patient they see; they even provide specialized care for the elderly. To learn more, please contact the hospital at (518) 471-3221.
- St. Peter’s Hospital
315 S Manning Blvd., Albany, NY 12208
Phone: (518) 525-1550
St. Peter’s staff provides compassionate healing, integrated health care, supportive housing and community services particularly for those who are needy or vulnerable. To learn more about the hospital and their services, please call (518) 525-1550.
- Albany Medical Center
43 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY 12208
Phone: (518) 262-3125
Albany Medical Center is Capital Region’s only academic medical center. It is the staff’s commitment to provide a superior level of patient care, education, as well as biomedical research to New York State’s residents. To learn more about the hospital and its services, please call (518) 262-3125.
- Albany Med EmUrgentCare
98 Wolf Rd., Ste. 16, Albany, NY 12205
Phone: (518) 264-9500
Albany Med EmUrgentCare is a walk-in urgent care facility with 12 locations throughout the Capital Region. Each location is open from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM 7 days a week, including holidays! With no appointment necessary you can stop in and be seen quickly by the on-site doctors and PAs. Visit EmUrgentCare if you need treatment for sprains, fractures, rashes, asthma, insect bites, and more. X-ray is provided on site at every location and treatment is available to patients of all ages. To learn more, please contact EmUrgentCare at (518) 264-9500.
Government Offices & Services
It’s important to learn about the area around you if you’re new to the City of Albany, New York. This government services guide is here to help
- Albany Police Department
165 Henry Johnson Boulevard Albany, New York 12210
Phone: (518) 438-4000
The Albany Police Department recently re-aligned the Neighborhood Engagement Unit in order to more efficiently serve our community. The newly implemented NEU will consist of neighborhood beat officers who will work collaboratively with uniformed patrol officers through a “Team Policing” concept to solve problems, enhance quality of life and build meaningful relationships with members of the community.
- Albany Fire Department
26 Broad St Albany, New York 12202
Phone: (518) 447-7879
The mission of the Albany Fire Department is to provide protection of life, property, and the environment from the effects of fire, medical emergencies, and hazards in the safest, most efficient manner possible
- Albany Post Offices
Albany has over 10 post offices throughout the city. Check out the site and find the one closest to you.
- Albany Public Libraries
Phone: (518) 217–5601
Albany has seven public libraries across the city. Libraries are open to everyone. The Albany public libraries offer great programs for people of all ages.
- Albany Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
224 S. Pearl Street, Albany, NY 12202
Phone: (518) 486-9786
To get a license, a state ID, permit, CDL, or to take care of other plate related matters, you can visit this office.