North Greenbush, NY is a great area to live, work and play and has everything you need right outside your door.
Get in touch with our knowledgeable property managers and dive deep into the ins and outs of the North Greenbush community!
Things To Do
North Greenbush offers residents plenty of restaurants, parks and activities to keep busy! From movies and mini golf, to historic tours, there is something for everyone. If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend, take a look at some of our favorite options!
- See a movie at the Regal Cinema – You can catch the most popular new movies at this theater in East Greenbush, NY. It’s also conveniently located near several popular restaurants.
- Take your family to the Funplex Fun Park – Go-karts, miniature golf, batting cages, bumper boats, rock wall climbing, and bank shot basketball are just some of the attractions that are fun for everyone at this park.
- Ice skate at Hudson Valley Community College – Starting in October, the public can enjoy Hudson Valley’s Conway Ice Rink. Hours are Monday-Friday Noon – 2pm and Saturday and Sunday 4 – 6:15pm. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children under 12.
- Stop by Crailo State Historic Site – People who have a passion for history will enjoy making a trip to Crailo State Historic Site. It focuses on providing guests with exhibits and collections relating to the Hudson Valley’s Colonial Dutch history.
- Go to an RPI Hockey Game – Rensselaer Polytech Institute boasts its own popular hockey team. If you love the sport, we recommend that you stop by for a game.
- Explore The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology – The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology is the areas only science center designed specifically for children! Kids can enjoy workshops, summer and vacation day camps, and daily activities at the museum. Learn about space, magnets, the sky, exotic animal species and so much more!
- Roller Skate at Guptill’s Arena – Guptill’s Arena is the world’s largest indoor roller skating rink! Skate between the beginner’s rink, baby rink, and the main skating floor. Guptill’s also offers a snack bar and arcade for when you want a break from roller skating. Love ice cream? Enjoy 80 award winning ice cream flavors at Guptill’s Ice Cream between March and October.
- Visit the New York State Museum – Founded in 1836 as the New York State Geological and Natural History Survey, the New York State Museum is the nation’s oldest and largest state museum operated by the New York State Education Department’s Office of Cultural Education. Enjoy exhibits about New York state’s history before heading to the 4th floor to take a ride on the carousel!
- Tour the New York State Capitol – The New York State Capitol building represents the seat of New York State government and is located on the peak of Albany’s State Street Hill. The building offers free walk-in tours as well as official guided tours. If you’re new to the area, it’s a great way to learn about New York!
North Greenbush is a scenic part of Upstate, New York and it offers a diverse range of activities that make it a fun place to live! If you want to learn more about the area, don’t hesitate to ask us a question or two!
Parks & Recreation
If you’re moving to the area, you’re probably wondering what the area has to offer. This Parks and Recreation guide can help you get a few ideas for getting outside and enjoying North Greenbush, New York.
- East Greenbush Town Park
10 Town Park Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061
The East Greenbush Town Park features 120 acres set back at the end of Town Park Road. There is a pond that opens to the Moordener Kill with breathtaking views and waterfall along the hiking trails.Visitors of the park can enjoy two picnic pavilions, the Red Barn building, a playground, softball field, basketball court, volleyball court, open lawn spaces, barbecue grills, horseshoe, 1.5 mile hiking and cross-country ski trails, fishing, non-motorized boating, ice-skating, and a sledding hill. There is also a dog park!
- Burden Lake Country Club Golf Course
162 Totem Lodge Road, Averill Park, NY 12018
As an 18-hole, par 71 golf course, Burden Lake offers its guests a scenic area to play. In addition to indoor golf simulators, they also have a restaurant and full bar where you can relax after playing a round of golf.
- Conway Ice Rink
80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy 12180
Located at Hudson Valley Community College and open to the public, this rink is over 18,000 square feet! There is also an on-site skate shop with a professional staff to assist you.
- Pineridge Cross Country Ski Area
1463 Plank Road, Petersburgh, NY 12138
The Pineridge Cross Country Ski area is a popular destination during the winter months. If you’re looking for something fun to do by yourself or with a group, we recommend stopping by.
- Mud Pond Preserve
591 Central Nassau Road, East Nassau, NY 12123
Located in Nassau, NY, this preserve is breathtaking. There are three loops that you can hike, including Mud Pond Loop, Overlook Trail, and Casey Farm Loop.
- Schuyler Mansion Historical Site
32 Catherine Street, Albany, NY 12202
Schuyler Mansion was home to Philip J. Schuyler, the renowned Revolutionary War general, US Senator, and business entrepreneur. He and his wife raised 8 children in the Georgian home. The wedding of daughter Elizabeth Schuyler to Alexander Hamilton took place in the house in 1780. Today, visitors can enjoy a guided tour of the mansion as well as temporary exhibits and public programs throughout the year.
- Albany Corning Preserve – Jennings Landing
1 Quay Street Albany, NY 12207
The Jennings Landing Amphitheater serves as the venue during the weekly Summer Alive at Five concert series. Further upstream is the Corning Preserve Public Boat Launch. The paved Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail features a playground for children and numerous benches and picnic tables. Walk along the river and enjoy the view of the Albany skyline!
North Greenbush is the place to live in Eastern New York if you love the outdoors and an active lifestyle. Let us know if you want to learn more about what the area has to offer. We’ll be more than happy to help!
Schools & Education
If you’re moving into the area or considering it, you’re probably going to want some information about the schools in North Greenbush. We’ve put together this helpful guide so you can learn about the local academic institutions, and the higher learning opportunities in the area. If you’d like more information, ask us!
EAST GREENBUSH CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Bell Top Elementary School – Founded as a one room school house in 1886, this historic elementary institution has grown into a much larger resource that focuses on helping children meet high standards in the areas of Science and state-of-the-art Technology. They also encourage students to embrace their Artistic talents, follow Musical pursuits, and to reach their best Physical and Intellectual levels of achievement.
- Howard L. Goff Middle School – This school goes the extra mile to help students become well rounded individuals. Students who are gifted in the fields of Math and Science can take accelerated courses here. It also offers students the ability to learn Foreign Languages, excel in Music, embrace their Artistic talents, learn about Renewable Energy and Conservation first hand, and have fun with Athletic activities.
- Columbia High School – As a high school, Columbia is dedicated to helping children reach their fullest potential for college and beyond. In addition to helping students become knowledgeable about Science, Math, Language Arts, and History, the school provides a variety of extra-curricular activities in which your children can grow as individuals, learn additional skills, and become prepared to be leaders.
HIGHER EDUCATION AND UNIVERSITIES
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) – Located in nearby Troy, this university is a respected leader in higher academia. Just some of the majors offered include Architecture, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Physics, and Sustainability Studies.
- Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) – This local higher learning institution is also located in Troy, NY. It is a popular place for young adults across Rensselaer County and the greater Capital Region to continue their education. Academic programs include Accounting, Biotechnology, Computer Information Systems, Environmental Science, Digital Media, Criminal Justice, and much more.
Living in the North Greenbush area has many benefits but having healthcare and emergency care facilities close by is important. Below, please find the most common health-related facilities close to this area.
IN AN EMERGENCY, ALWAYS CALL 911
- Albany Memorial Hospital
600 Northern Blvd., Albany, NY 12204
Phone: (518) 471-3221
The experienced staff at Albany Memorial Hospital are dedicated to providing high-quality care for every patient they see; they even provide specialized care for the elderly. To learn more, please contact the hospital at (518) 471-3221.
- St. Peter’s Hospital
315 S Manning Blvd., Albany, NY 12208
Phone: (518) 525-1550
St. Peter’s staff provides compassionate healing, integrated health care, supportive housing and community services particularly for those who are needy or vulnerable. To learn more about the hospital and their services, please call (518) 525-1550.
- Albany Medical Center
43 New Scotland Ave., Albany, NY 12208
Phone: (518) 262-3125
Albany Medical Center is Capital Region’s only academic medical center. It is the staff’s commitment to provide a superior level of patient care, education, as well as biomedical research to New York State’s residents. To learn more about the hospital and its services, please call (518) 262-3125.
- Rensselaer County Mental Health
1600 7th Ave., 3rd Floor, Troy, NY 12180
Rensselaer Center: (518) 463-8869
Hoosick Falls Center: (518) 686-0694
Unified Services: (518) 270-2800
The Rensselaer County Department of Mental Health is committed to maintaining the mental hygiene of residents by providing programs such as Substance Abuse Prevention Services and Children’s Health Home Care Coordination.
- Albany Med EmUrgentCare
98 Wolf Rd., Ste. 16, Albany, NY 12205
Phone: (518) 264-9500
Albany Med EmUrgentCare is a walk-in urgent care facility with 12 locations throughout the Capital Region. Each location is open from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM 7 days a week, including holidays! With no appointment necessary you can stop in and be seen quickly by the on-site doctors and PAs. Visit EmUrgentCare if you need treatment for sprains, fractures, rashes, asthma, insect bites, and more. X-ray is provided on site at every location and treatment is available to patients of all ages. To learn more, please contact EmUrgentCare at (518) 264-9500.
Government Offices & Services
There’s a lot to learn about the Town of North Greenbush. This Government Services guide is here to help direct you to the facilities that will be a resource while living in this area
- North Greenbush Police Department
133 Blooming Grove Drive, Troy, NY 12180
Phone: (518) 286-5323
To get in touch with the North Greenbush Police Department, call 518-283-5323, 518-283-6006, or 911 in the case of an emergency. They also provide copies of accident and incident reports, and finger printing services.
- Defreestville Fire Department
350 N Greenbush Road, Rensselaer, NY 12144
Phone: (518) 286-3612
Created in 1944, this all-volunteer fire department works with the Wynantskill Fire Department. It takes care of fire related matters, emergency medical situations, and rescues. Call them at 518-286-3612 to learn more. In case of an emergency, call 911.
- Wynantskill Post Office
85 Main Avenue, Wynantskill, NY 12198
Phone: (518) 283-5678
This local post office can help you with a variety of postal needs. You can set up a PO Box, take care of money orders, purchase greeting card, and much more.
- North Greenbush Public Library
141 Main Avenue, Wynantskill, NY 12198
Phone: (518) 283-0303
We recommend a visit to this invaluable community resource where you can get books, borrow DVDs, access the internet, and more.
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
224 S. Pearl Street, Albany, NY 12202
Phone: (518) 486-9786
Located in Albany, New York, you can visit this office to renew your license, state ID card, and much more!
- North Greenbush Town Hall
2 Douglas Street, Wynantskill, NY 12198
Phone: (518) 283-4306
The North Greenbush Town Hall is home to many different parts of the local government such as the Town Board, North Greenbush Industrial Development Agency, Town Historian, The Local Court, Town Clerk, and much more.