Business owners and their employees know how busy work schedules can be, whether or not steps are actively taken to stay healthy is a different area to master aside from maintaining a busy schedule. While you or your staff may not always put yourselves first, it’s important to do so as much as possible. Without making healthy decisions, the business’ best foot isn’t being put forward and it might be difficult to accomplish as much as necessary.
6 Ways to Stay Healthy at Work
It’s much more than staying healthy at work, it’s about incorporating healthy options in your life that make a positive impact on your work life.
1. Take Time For You: It’s important to have a positive work-personal life balance. If you or your staff members are spending most of their waking hours working it’s bound to take a toll. Taking your work home with you every so often is okay, but it’s ideal to leave your work behind for the remainder of the day when you leave the office.
2. Getting Enough Sleep: Running on a combination of caffeine and determination can only take you so far, it’s best to add in a good nights’ rest to the combination. When a person gets a proper amount of sleep, especially on a consistent basis, their performance level is likely to increase.
3. Let Go: Like many areas of our lives, work can cause a certain level of stress. There are times when stressful circumstances are unavoidable, but, we need to learn to let go of the frustration and anguish. A healthy lifestyle often begins with letting go of negative feelings and nurturing your mind.
4. Exercise: This almost goes without saying, but having an active lifestyle that incorporates a level of exercise helps to maintain your overall health. Exercising helps you to destress and put things into perspective.
5. Eat Well: To stay healthy at work, it’s important to eat well. Is it okay to indulge with a calzone for lunch? Sure, as long as it isn’t every day or if it’s paired with an exercise routine. Stress-eating snacks during the day or skipping a meal because you’re “too busy” is not the ideal solution. Instead, pack a lunch and make sure enough time is set aside to take a breather and enjoy a good meal.
6. The Right Office: Having your business in an office or retail space that does not encourage a proper work environment or one that is hidden away and your consumers don’t know you’re there can create unwanted stress which diminishes your overall health. Rosetti Properties takes a personal interest in our commercial and retail properties by creating a long-term relationship with our tenants. We also pride ourselves in being able to alter and/or build our office space to suit the needs of your business!
Our professionals are invested in the overall success of those who establish their business in any of our commercial spaces. If your business is in a space that is not conducive to a healthy or productive work week, let us know! We’d love to meet with you and discuss the needs of your business and find a place that will suit your needs the best.