At Rosetti we love your cat as much as you do! They’re a friendly face to come home to after a long day and can easily adapt to our busy lifestyles. Still, some cat breeds are better suited for apartment life than others. Let’s take a look to see what some of the best cat breeds for apartment living are.
What Makes a Good Cat Breed for ApartmentsWhen you’re looking for your new furry roommate, there are several traits to consider and look for.
- Adaptable, easygoing disposition
- Doesn’t need be to highly active to be happy
- Not overly territorial
- Is okay with being alone for up to eight hours at a time
Best Cats for Apartments by BreedsThe following breeds are known to thrive in an apartment setting. While personalities and temperaments will vary, in general these breeds are good options.
- British Shorthair – Known to adapt well to apartment life. Quiet and friendly and ideal for those looking for a cuddly pet.
- Persian – Persians are a good fit for those who live in apartments but who are home often. They also provide grooming on a daily basis to prevent mats in their fur. Their placid demeanor and affectionate personality make it worth it though.
- Russian Blue – The Russian Blue breed is affectionate but independent, making it well suited for working singles. They can be shy but are loyal to their owner and love to play!
- Ragdoll – Ragdolls are laid-back and have a gentle temperament. They make a good lap cat and aren’t particularly demanding. They should be kept indoors only, which makes them ideal for apartments.