How to Keep Your WiFi Secure In Your New Apartment
Renting an apartment, whether it’s your first or not, comes with a lot of responsibilities! After setting up your utilities and getting moved in, it's time to take care of a security task - protecting your home WiFi network.
Why Do I Need to Worry About Secure WiFi?In short: because you don't want other people using your WiFi, for many reasons. One of the most obvious is that you don't want anyone else taking up your bandwidth and slowing down your internet speeds. However, there are major security risks, as well. With just a little work, anyone can get into an unsecured network. When someone is in your network, they can:
- Monitor your web activity. When this is happening, the unauthorized individual can not only read your emails and see which sites you visit, they can also steal any of your log-in and personal information that you input online.
- View all of your files on your computer
- Spread a virus on your computer.
- Use your internet connection to perform illegal activity.
- Use your accounts to send spam to all of your contacts.