Trying to incorporate health foods into your eating plan can be exhausting, but it doesn’t have to be! There are several ways you can keep a variety of snacks in rotation while enjoying what you love, and still be able to say that you’re eating healthy! Some ideas include:
- Turn Your Snack into Something Sweet – You don’t need to give up your afternoon sweets! One example of a healthy dessert-like snack is a chocolate-chip hummus that you can dip sliced fruit in!
- Make It Hearty – If you enjoy chowing down on chips and salsa, stuffed avacado might be the snack for you. You can enjoy your favorite salsas and dips by scooping out a bit of the inside of an avocado, filling it with your favorite ingredients such as black bean and mango salsa, or kale chicken salad!
- Enjoy Some Trail Mix – Instead of buying pre-packaged trail mix to keep on your desk, create your own at home! All you need to do is buy your favorites nuts in bulk, and add fresh fruit, such as grapes or blueberries. Now you have a go-to snack that is ready when you are!
- Spice It Up – Do you like popcorn? We do, too! Instead of using the microwaved butter varieties, get an air popper, and make your own toppings! You can do anything from a spicy curry blend, a cheesy garlic and parmesan, or really, anything your taste buds desire!
- Put Those Oats to Good Use – Make your own granola or granola bars with the oats you have stashed away in your cabinet! By making your own, you can control the amount of sodium and sugar in your treats, and customize it to try out any taste blend you’d like!