5 Essential Holiday Hosting Tips
The holiday season is underway and there are still plenty of opportunities to host your friends and family for holiday-themed dinners, cocktail parties, and gatherings. Whether this is your first time hosting, or you’ve done this a few times, it’s always nice to be prepared. We’ve gathered 5 tips to help you plan a successful evening.
The 5 Best Holiday Hosting Tips
- Consider the Dinner Set: The holiday season is a special time of year which makes it the perfect time to use your good china and silverware. Whether it’s something you inherited from your great grandparents or a nice set you bought for special occasions, take it out of the cupboard and make sure it’s in tip-top shape for your guests!
- Beverages: Take your guests into consideration while creating your beverage menu. Some people prefer wine with dinner while others don’t consume alcohol. Having a variety of options will help your guests feel at home. As the host, you can even ask your guests to bring their favorite beverage to share with everyone. This will give your guests something to discuss other than the typical topics. Having a crockpot of hot cocoa warming for guests to enjoy is a nice touch as well.
- Linens and Place Settings: Gather your items together well before your planned gathering date. This will give you enough time to get everything washed and prepped. It will also give you time to prepare for the inevitable “surprise guest”; everybody knows someone who forgets to RSVP or brings someone with them!
- Centerpiece or Tablescape: We’re not saying these are a must-have for your holiday gathering, but, it certainly brings some festive cheer to the table! Whether it’s a modern piece, an old classic, or something DIY, a centerpiece or tablescape can take your table from “ho-hum” to “oh wow”!
- The Menu: Above all else, plan your menu well in advance, make a shopping list and head to the store with enough time before the festivities. This will help cut down on forgotten items or buying something you already have. Much like the beverages, having a variety that will satisfy all of your guests would be ideal. You can also ask them to bring a favorite dish to share with everyone!