5 Energy Savings Tips for Renters
When trying to cut out unnecessary expenses many of us don’t take into consideration the items around our homes that may actually cause an increase in our energy bill each month. Take these 5 tips into consideration and then put them to work so you can begin reducing some of your electric bill.
5 Ways to Save on Energy
1. Consider Your Product Choice – Shop around for lightbulbs and appliances. More often than not, you’ll be able to find some with the ENERGY STAR label on it. These products oftentimes are much more energy efficient and have lower standby power. Better yet, they even tend to last longer than comparable non-ENERGY STAR products. Lighting, for example, is a great place to start. Replacing your current lightbulbs with an energy efficient option is a great way to save!
2. Clear Your Vents – Ensuring that furniture is not blocking a vent or register allows the air in your apartment to flow freely.
3. Unplug Your Electronics – When you’re not using an electronic, simply unplug it. Of course, you won’t want to do this with things like your refrigerator or your digital alarm clock, but if you are done charging your laptop, your phone, or even if you’re done with the microwave, unplug it! It might not seem like it will make much of a difference, but you’ll be watching your electricity bill go down little by little.
4. Make Use of Power Strips – When you have several items to be plugged into one area – say, with your TV or at your desk – plug them all into a power strip. Not only will a power strip give you more outlets to use, but it also makes it much easier to switch your electronics off with the push of one button when you’re leaving your house for the day.
5. Window Curtains and Blinds – Not only do they add eye appeal to your home, but, they can also help with your energy needs. During the winter months, take advantage of the warmth from the sun and open the drapes for a few hours. As the temperatures begin to rise during the summer season, they can help keep out the heat so your apartment stays cool.
Start incorporating these energy savings tips in your home today! If you’re looking for a new place to call home, take a tour of one of our Rosetti Properties. With multiple floor plans to choose from and amenities renters love, you’ll be ready to move in today!